Have you not heard no man achieved anything if he considered his fear? Often times we are afraid to step out and be different or to follow a dream just because of certain fear wagons that plaque us.
In the words of John Maxwell, “fear breeds inaction, inaction breeds lack of experience, lack of experience breeds ignorance and ignorance breeds fear”.
What is keeping you from stepping out and becoming who God wants you to be?
I would never have started a blog or anything, if I considered my fears. Countless times I’ve been brought down to the lowest point emotionally by the fear champions. Please meet them- Fear of failure (Mama fear), fear of finance (Papa fear), lack of money to sustain a project, fear of being judged wrongly (cousins and nephews of the fear dynasty).
Dear friends, whatever is stopping you from achieving your dreams wants to keep you ordinary and in the status quo.
When you have a dream and passion, it hunts you day and night. Even in your sleep you dream of it. When you wake up, you think about it, fantasize over it and sometimes you can even paint a picture of it. God doesn’t want you to give up on your dreams. He wants you to embrace it, be passionate about it, act it and do it.
Extraordinary people we know such as Einstein, the Wright brothers, Abraham Lincoln, Oprah Winfrey, Oral Roberts, Ghandi, Demos Shakarian just to name a few, were ordinary people who did extraordinary things and are better off for it. Fear is only in your mind, it is not real. God doesn’t give you fear. He gives you hope, courage and that still voice, that says “I can do it”.
If you feel you can’t break the shackles of fear over your life, here are a few fear fighters to get you moving. Meditate on them regularly and commit them to memory.
1. “Haven’t I commanded you. Strength! Courage! Don’t be timid, don’t get discouraged. God, your God is with you every step of the way” ( Joshua 1:9 MSG).
2. “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind” (2 Timothy 1:7 KJV).
3. “People with their minds set on you. You keep them completely whole. Steady on their feet, because they keep at it and don’t quit. Depend on God and keep at it. Because in the Lord your God you have a sure thing” (Isaiah 26:3 MSG).
4. “God is striding ahead of you. He is right there with you. He will not let you down; He won’t leave you” ( Deuteronomy 31: 8).
5. “When I get really afraid I’ve come to you in trust. I come to praise God, fearless now I trust in God. What can mere mortals do?” ( Psalms 56:4 MSG).
6. “Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid” ( John 14:27 NKJV).
7. “For He hath said I will never leave the not forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, the Lord is my helper…I will not fear what man shall do unto me” ( Hebrews 14:5-6 KJV).
” When God gives you an idea or speaks to you with a definite direction-that’s the moment of truth! (Bob Gass).
Written by Sharong